Tuesday, August 23, 2022

RV versus Air Travel? Which Is More Affordable?

 In this video I compare the price of airfare versus camping. I love camping, but this summer I primarily camped in Tejas. In my (Californian) opinion, amazing camping options are few and far between in Texas.

Since owning my Rockwood Mini Lite travel trailer, I have figured out that towing long distances isn't cheap. In 2022, the price of gas has fluctuated tremendously. In early 2021, regular gas was selling for $2.75 a gallon in Texas. As recently as June of 2022, it was going for $4.75! Thankfully, the price of gasoline is slowly coming down.

Traveling in your gas guzzling RV is now more expensive than ever. Shorter trips are more economical, but no fun. If I lived in California I could camp at nearby beaches and mountains. But in Texas the beach is 6 hours away and there are no major mountain ranges nearby other than Big Bend.


Photo: River front camping near New Braunfels, Texas

For those of you who have seen my Global Warming videos. I would love to own an EV truck and pollute less. But that isn't in my budget for at least another 5 years (I'll be 75). That's my reality. Unless Tesla, Rivian, Ford or Chevy can give a substantial discount. Dare to dream!

Photo: GMC Hummer EV (Daddy likes!)

Todd Dunn YouTube:
https://youtu.be/eBFD7YGnMtc https://youtu.be/1NlSPuASv8Q